Worked out that the highest my gpa can get now because of my failed grade is 3.7/4 :/ (at the end of my degree with high distinctions in all subjects from now on) I don’t know whether it’s worth me continuing the degree now because I won’t really be able to get high enough marks for vet now. Thinking about dropping out for the semester and re-enrolling next year. Probably won’t but.
Could somebody at Murdoch tell me how they are changing the course structure? Are they moving to a different degree(specifically a postgraduate one) as I want to find out stuff for my application for next year (main focus right now)
Looking through my posts and omg you all must be sick of my personal posts haha sorry! :/
Talking to the owner of the riding school and she said that she normally doesn’t take on people for work experience but I impressed her with all the work experience I already had and so she decided to give me a go :D.
Don’t procrastinate, it’s the most stupid thing I’ve ever done..
At the end of this week I will be finishing up the bulk of my work experience for 2014 vet applications, most of which are due by the end of september this year. I will have done:
- Weekly 8-hour days at a vet clinic being the sole helper for the veterinarian for 6 months (veterinary; small animal)
- Three years of volunteering at the zoo in school holidays (exotics; zoo animals)
- Cattle and Sheep farming work every couple of years for a week or two throughout childhood. (large animal; cattle and sheep)
- A years worth of roughly one day a week volunteering at an animal shelter (small animal; canine and feline)
- 10 days (mornings) volunteering at a horse riding school (large animal; equine, poultry; chickens)
- 7 days helping out at a horse agistment co-op (large animal; equine)
Personally I think that I’ve completed a lot of work experience in the last year as it was this time in 2013 I started really committing to vet. Fingers crossed it will balance out my currently low GPA.
(what experience it counts as/what I cared for while there)
Even though I’m not in vet yet I gave out my first lot of advice on how to get in today to a lady whose son wants to be a vet and is in year 10.
It’s crazy the amount of people that want to be veterinarians.
It honestly scares me the sheer amount of people I have to compete with for a place in vet let alone a job at the end…